Our Decision Making Process
We review and assess each candidate project based on the “Criteria for Support by the Japan Overseas Infrastructure Investment Corporation for Transport & Urban Development” (Public Notice of the the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism No. 981 of October 14, 2014), alongside with the political significance and feasibility of each project.
- Utilize Japanese technology, experience and knowledge in infrastructure
- Support Japanese companies to participate in overseas markets
- Consistency with Japanese diplomatic and economic policies
- Consideration of the environment and society
- Commitment from private partners to provide equity.
- JOIN cannot become the largest shareholder among Japanese investors.
- Ensure an appropriate management structure
- Forecast long-term earnings through objective demand forecast.
- Assess the recovery of investment at the end of the project
- Arrange in advance discussion with related parties about exit strategies.
JOIN’s decision to invest in a project will be
based on all of the above criteria.