JOIN is a Japanese government-private sponsored infrastructure investment fund company established in Japan in October 2014. Our aim is to encourage Japanese companies to utilize their accumulated knowledge, technology, and experience in the field of infrastructure to expand overseas. We believe that our contribution will lead to mutual economic growth for both Japan and the host countries.
As global demand for infrastructure continues to grow especially in emerging countries, there is a strong need for building and operating infrastructures through Public-Private-Partnerships (“PPP”).
While various risks exist in overseas infrastructure projects such as large initial investment, long project period, and demand risk during operation etc., JOIN’s role is to provide not only equity but also hands-on support to the projects participated by Japanese companies.
The promotion of infrastructure system in the overseas markets is one of the key policies of the Japanese Government, and JOIN will continue to contribute to this by playing a constructive role with our partners.
- Provide financial support and share investment risks.
- Act as a coordinator to relevant ministries and government institutions such as JICA, JBIC and NEXI.
- Provide “Hands-On” support such as seconding a board member to the project company, or supporting negotiation with government of host countries.
- Provide safe and reliable infrastructure.
- Provide technological solutions to operation.