Japan Overseas Infrastructure Investment Corporation for Transport & Urban Development (“Company”) handles, in accordance with the Policy below, personal information obtained by the Company.
1. Compliance with Laws and Regulations
We recognize the importance of protection of personal information and will handle personal information in compliance with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information as well as the related laws and regulations, guidelines published by the Personal Information Protection Commission, and this Policy.
2. Purposes of Use of Personal Information
Except as provided in Section 3, we will use the acquired personal information only within the scope necessary for the following purposes.
(1) Responding to consultations directed to us;
(2) Advising on businesses for which we are considering provision of financing or are requested to evaluate provision of financing;
(3) Providing information regarding our business activities or other related matters;
(4) Sending invitations to our seminars or other events organized by us; and
(5) Other purposes while carrying out our business as provided under the Act on the Japan Overseas Infrastructure Investment Corporation for Transport & Urban Development.
3. Use of Personal Information outside the Scope of the Stated Purposes
Under the following circumstances, the Company may use personal information outside the scope of purposes set out in Section 2 without obtaining the consent of the individual providing such information:
(1) when provision of personal information is made based on laws or regulations;
(2) when provision of personal information is necessary for the protection of the life, health, or property of an individual and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the individual providing the personal information;
(3) when provision of personal information is particularly needed for public health or for the benefit of children’s growth and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the individual providing the personal information;
(4) when provision of personal information is necessary for cooperation with a national government agency, a local government, or any party acting with power delegated by such government agency or local government to carry out functions prescribed by laws or regulations and obtaining the consent of the individual providing the personal information is likely to impede the execution of those functions.
4. Provision of personal information to third parties
Except as required by law, we do not provide personal information to a third party without obtaining the consent from the information provider.
5. Personal Information Management
We will take necessary and proper security measures against unauthorized access, manipulation, leakage, loss, or destruction of personal information.
6. Requests Relating to Personal Information
We will properly handle, in accordance with relevant laws and regulations, any request to disclose, correct, or cease to use personal information we have received. Specific method of handling will be explained individually. Please contact us for further details (contact information in Section 7).
For inquiries regarding the request in Section 6 or this Policy, or for any other questions regarding our handling of personal information, please use the following contact information:
Japan Overseas Infrastructure Investment Corporation for Transport & Urban Development (JOIN)
2F Marunouchi Nakadori Bld., 2-2-3 Marunouchi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 100-0005
Changes to this policy will take effect when the revised policy is posted on our website.